Validation of prior Experience – VAE

You would like to pursue higher studies but you do not hold the required diploma (end of secondary education diploma) or its recognition?

If you have several years of experience in the field in which you wish to study, you may be able to validate this prior experience through the VAE (“Valorisation des acquis de l’expérience”), by setting up of a file providing evidence of this experience. The VAE could enable you to access the chosen studies or even be exempted from a part of the study program.

The “Promotion sociale” has its own system of VAE called VA (“Valorisation des acquis”), because every form of learning (experience, training and studies) can be taken into account.

This system in the Flemish Community is called EVC (“Eerder Verworven Competenties”), or Validation of acquired competences.




This entry was posted by man on at and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.Both comments and pings are currently closed.

Comments are closed.